Purpose of the committee
Terms of Reference
1) To be the Council's designated 'crime and disorder committee', as required by Sections 19 and 20 of the Police and Justice Act 2006, as amended by Section 126 of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007. In accordance with the Crime and Disorder (Overview and Scrutiny) Regulations 2009, the Committee will consider crime and disorder issues at least once a year and when so doing, will be able to require information and attendance by the relevant responsible authority or co-operating authority. This Committee will also receive Councillor Calls for action relation to crime and disorder and community safety issues in accordance with the Police and Justice Act 2006.
2) To perform the overview and scrutiny role in relation to
a) Functions that are the responsibility of the following officers:
- Executive Director: Community and Adult Services [as responsible for the two Service Directors listed below]
- Service Director: Community Engagement (Fenland)
- Service Director: Libraries, Learning and Culture
b) Partnerships and joint working directly linked to services that are the responsibility of the above officers.
Chairman: Paul Bullen
Vice-Chairman: John Reynolds
Location: Kreis Viersen Room, Shire Hall, Cambridge CB3 0AP