Apply for a school place
It is your responsibility as a parent/carer to make an application for a school place. You must make an application, as places are not allocated automatically, if you need help please contact the School Admissions Team.
The national offer date for primary school places for this September is 16 April 2014. If you have applied for a place, please see our applying for primary school page. You can also view information about how to appeal.
- All admissions to maintained schools, including Academies, must be made in accordance with the School Admissions Code, which ensures that school places are allocated in an open and fair way.
- If you live in Cambridgeshire, all school admissions are managed by the School Admissions Team.
- All children must legally start school in the term following their 5th birthday. In Cambridgeshire places are offered in Reception from the September following your child’s 4th birthday.
- Help is available with choosing a school from the Parents School Preference Adviser
- If you are in receipt of certain benefits your child may be entitled to free school meals, saving you up to £400 a year on paying for school meals or other financial help associated with learning.
- Information on applying for a place for a child with special education needs or disability, including applying to special schools is available in the SEND pages.
Moving into Cambridgeshire
If you are moving into Cambridgeshire from abroad or another county and your child requires a school place, you will need to make an In-year application. You can use the school search to find a list of schools in Cambridgeshire.
Box No. CC1206
Telephone 0345 045 1370, fax 01223 727 941 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.