- Open Data under Open Government Licence
- Geographic Open Data
Geographic Open Data
Open Data released under the Ordnance Survey OpenData Licensing.
- KML is in latitude and longtitude and suitable for loading into Google Earth and other similar products
- Shape file format uses the Ordnance Survey National Grid and is more suitable for loading into a Geographic Information System (GIS) for use with other mapping data
All the following datasets are for the county of Cambridgeshire:
- County Council electoral divisions (wards)-KML
- County Council electoral divisions (wards)-Shape files
Super output areas (SOA)
Super Output Areas (SOA) are geographical areas designed for the collection and publication of small area statistics.
Their boundaries do not change, unlike electoral wards, giving stability over time. Their consistent size also provides a better basis for comparison of different parts of the country than electoral wards. There are currently two layers of SOA:
- Lower Layer Super Output Areas (LSOAs), with an average population of 1500
- Middle Layer Super Output Areas (MSOAs), with an average population of 7200
School catchment areas
These catchment areas are intended only as an indicative guide. As set out in the Open Government Licence, the information provider is 'not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use'.
Unless otherwise stated this geographic data is released under the terms of the Ordnance Survey Open Government Licence.
This licence is the same as the Open Government Licence with the following additions:
- you must use the following attribution statement to acknowledge the source of the information: Contains Ordnance Survey data © Crown copyright and database right [year]
- the same attribution statements must be contained in any sub-licences of the information that you grant, together with a requirement that any further sub-licences do the same. OS OpenData™ is covered by either Crown Copyright, Crown Database Right, or has been licensed to the Crown