Early Years: Workforce Development and Training
You can view and book our range of Courses and Training at the bottom of this page.
We support people employed in the early years and childcare sector to:
- Gain qualifications in childcare and playwork, from initial qualifications through to management , degree and Early Years Teacher Status.
- Develop their careers through professional development. Courses are available to support staff in schools delivering the foundation stage, pre-schools, out of school clubs, childminders and committees. Please see here for more information.
Services and Charges:
Our courses and qualifications are charged at an individual rate. Please see our Training Programme for details.
Our training programme for professional development courses and qualifications is published in July, with regular training programme updates throughout the academic year. Courses are provided by the council's Early Years and Childcare Workforce Development Team and other training providers which are detailed in the training programme.
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Equalities and Inclusion
- Special Educational Needs (SEND)
- First Aid and Food Safety
- Early Years Foundation Stage
Funding may be available to support qualifications training. You can read about funding in the training programme. The Workforce Development Team administers and allocates financial support towards qualifications fees.
Workforce Development Courses
Early Years Service