Accessibility Options


Use this form to apply for a dropped kerb to allow access to a property within Cambridgeshire only.

If the proposed access is covered by an existing parking bay and if it is feasible to remove it, you will be responsible for meeting the cost of changes to the Traffic Regulation Order and removal of any signs/lines. An estimate of the costs will be provided by the Highways officer and an invoice issued on completion of the works.

You need:

  • to check the road is maintained by Cambridgeshire County Council, using the interactive map, as we can only assess applications on roads we maintain
  • your planning Permission Reference Number ascertained from your local District Council (if required)
  • your debit or credit card to pay £183. Please note if your application is unsuccessful you will receive a refund of £110
  • your email address, as we will use this to communicate with your application (please check your junk email folder for any communications)

Data protection statement

You will be asked to provide information about yourself to enable us to log and process your request.
Your personal information will be collected and used in line with Data Protection legislation to provide you with the service you request under the Council’s public task and our responsibilities under the Highways Act 1980 Section 184.
Information will only be shared with other organisations where this is needed to provide the service you request, or if we are under a legal requirement to do so.  We may contact the district/city council to ascertain if planning permission has been obtained if the dropped crossing is for a new property or if it is on a classified road.
Further details about how we use this data and the rights you have around this can be found on our privacy page. If you have any data protection queries, please contact the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].

Did you find this information useful?