There are numerous funding organisations throughout Cambridgeshire who offer different levels of funding and support to different types of businesses.
As well as funding organisations there are networks that also provide funding for business opportunities.
The majority of funding through these organisations is for businesses in technology based sectors.
- Fund(s) size: £7bn (Globally)
- Investment range: £1m-£50m
- Investment areas: All business sectors
- Fund(s) size: £288m
- Investment range: £1m-£20m
- Investment areas: Invests in new technologies in the UK and continental Europe
- Fund(s) size: £64m
- Investment range: £25k-£4.3m
- Investment areas: Biotechnology ventures
- Fund(s) size: £13m
- Investment range: £20k-£750k
- Investment areas: High-growth companies exploiting innovative application of technology
- Fund(s) size: £35m
- Investment range: £100k-£3m
- Investment areas: Seed, early stage and expansion funding for technology ventures
- Fund(s) size: £49m
- Investment range: £10k-£5m
- Investment areas: High-growth technology-based businesses
- Fund(s) size: £35m
- Investment range: £3m
- Investment areas: Early stage science and technology companies
A business angel group set up in 2001 to accelerate early stage investments in Cambridge start-ups.
The Department of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) has announced that it will reopen its £20 million Farming and Forestry Improvement Scheme to applications in late April/May 2012.
Through the scheme grants of up to £25,000 are available to help farmers, foresters and horticultural fund new profit-boosting green schemes that:
- save energy and reduce carbon emissions
- reduce dependence on artificial fertilizers through better use of manures
- improve soil quality
- improve animal health and welfare
- save and recycle water
- promote woodland management by processing timber more efficiently
Low Carbon Venture Capital Fund
European funding available to early stage SME's involved in Low Carbon and Environmental Goods and Services.
The Connecting Cambridgeshire programme is improving the county’s digital infrastructure – including broadband, mobile and public access Wi-Fi coverage – to drive economic growth, help our businesses and communities to thrive and make it easier to access public services.
Eligible businesses can boost their connectivity and get ready for gigabit speeds of the future through the Government’s Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme. Find out more here.
Funding Circle is a peer-to-business lending platform connecting businesses and investors, where businesses can get fast business loans and investors can earn returns on their investments. Funding Circle has funded over £370m in business loans to date.