Accessibility Options

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Trading Standards do not respond to consumer advice enquiries directly. 

If you need advice or help about a trading standard issue, the Citizens Advice Consumer Service is our advice partner and provides advice on all consumer enquiries on our behalf.

They can provide you with free, impartial and confidential advice and refer other enquiries to us as appropriate. 

Citizens advice icon

Your first stop for consumer advice

How to get advice

Phone: 0345 4040506


Online form: Citizens Advice Consumer Service e-form
Please provide your address as that will help to speed up the provision of advice to you. Whilst emails can seem quicker, it is often necessary to gather further information from you about the circumstances of your case, so in many cases you will receive advice more quickly by telephoning the Citizens Advice Consumer helpline.


Website:  Citizens Advice Consumer Service has a  comprehensive website  which offers a range of online advice and information for you if you have an issue with a trader. For example:


  • Buying or repairing a car
  • Something's wrong with a purchase
  • Holidays
  • You've changed your mind
  • Phone, internet and TV
  • Home Improvements 

Further information about Trading Standards and Citizen's Advice can be found in our Consumer Advice and Enquiries Policy below.

Consumer advice and enquiries policy

Size: 103.90 KB File format: pdf

Dispute with business based elsewhere in Europe

If you are in dispute with a business based in another European country, visit the European Consumer Centre website for advice and assistance.

Did you find this information useful?