Accessibility Options

For fees and charges relating to the below licences, please refer to the ETE Schedule of fees and charges.

Explosives licensing

You can apply for or renew an explosive storage license by post using the printable pdf below. Please send it with the appropriate payment to Trading Standards, Cambridgeshire County Council, PO Box 450, Great Cambourne, Cambridge, CB23 6ZR.

Application for an explosives storage licence

Apply for a new explosive storage licence or renew a licence.

Size: 105.92 KB File format: docx

General information and guidance on explosives licensing can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website. What to do in the case of refusals, revocations and appeals can also be found on the Health and Safety Executive website here.

Cambridgeshire County Council also has produced some guidelines for explosives licensing and firework storage below. If you need further information please see the British Pyrotechnics Association website.

Explosives licensing guidance with Fees

Size: 74.80 KB File format: docx

Fireworks storage guidance

Size: 52.65 KB File format: docx

Performing animal registration licensing

This function became the responsibility of district / city councils as of 1 October 2018. Please contact your local district / city council for further information.

Petroleum storage certification

Apply for a new petroleum storage certificate

Payment of annual petroleum storage certification fee

Notify a change of person keeping petroleum

General information on petroleum storage can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website or the websites of trade associations - Association for Petroleum and Explosives Administration and Petrol Retailers Association.

Registration of animal feed businesses

Register for feed hygiene

Information on feed hygiene can be found on the Food Standards Agency website or the websites of trade associations - Agricultural Industries Confederation and Red Tractor Assurance Scheme. Further information on the Feed (Hygiene and Enforcement) Regulations 2005 can be found on the legislation.gov.uk website.

Also please see our guidance note below on animal feed registration.


Size: 47.85 KB File format: pdf

Safety of sports ground certification

Information on safety of sports grounds and event safety can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website. The relevant legislation is the Fire Safety and Safety of Places of Sport Act 1987 which can be found on the legislation.gov.uk website. The Sports Grounds Safety Authority have also produced a guidance booklet on sport ground safety - The Green Guide. Further advice can be sought from the Football Safety Officers Association.

Sportsgrounds Certificates

Size: 21.13 KB File format: pdf

Sportsgrounds Safety Advisory Policy

Size: 145.46 KB File format: pdf

Weighbridge operator certificates

Apply to begin the certification process

Information on weighbridge operator certificates can be found on the GOV.UK website. The relevant legislation is the Weights and Measures Act 1985 which can be found on the legislation.gov.uk website.

Cambridgeshire Weighbridge Operator's Training Pack

Size: 88.20 KB File format: pdf

Weighbridge list

Size: 93.93 KB File format: pdf

For enquiries or more information on any of the above, please contact [email protected] or telephone 0345 045 5206.

Did you find this information useful?

Website Feedback