The information provided in the Cambridgeshire Online Directory is for general public use. The organisations listed on Cambridgeshire Online Directory are not endorsed or recommended by Cambridgeshire County Council. Service details will have often been supplied by the service provider (contributor) via a public access account. The directory listings include Cambridgeshire County Council, our partners and commissioned services alongside community listings and events.
Cambridgeshire County Council accepts that the information submitted to the directory is provided in good faith. Cambridgeshire County Council does not accept liability or responsibility for the quality and accuracy of its content, service or provision. Any links to other websites are not in any way endorsed by Cambridgeshire County Council and the council will not be liable for any loss damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using them.
By accessing our online directory, you expressly understand and agree that your use of the listings, events and information is at your sole risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that;
- the listing will meet your requirements;
- the listing will be uninterrupted, timely, safe, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the listing will be accurate or reliable, or
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or got by you through the listing will meet your expectations.
Special Educational Needs and Disability
Please note that the Local Authority will not pay any fees or costs, either in part of fully, for any advice relating to Special Educational Needs and/or Disability obtained from private therapists, educational psychologists or other specialists without prior written agreement from the Local Authority. If you have concerns about your child's development or learning, in the first instance, please contact your child's Health Visitor, Early Year's provider, nursery, school or college. We include information on the involvement of services such as therapists, educational psychologists and other specialists in the sections on SEN Support and Education, Health and Care Plans. The Local Authority does recognise advice from appropriately qualified individuals. More information can be found in the Education Health and Care Plan co-produced guidance.
Please help us maintain accurate information by reporting any incorrect information using the link within each page.
If you consider yourself to be the owner of the listing or event you can request we change ownership to you by contacting us and providing some evidence. To own a record you would then also need to create an account to become a contributor/owner.
We import school and childcare information from the Council's Capita One database. The Childcare information comes from Ofsted into Capita One. To allow publishing to the Directory the registered childcare provider will have to give permission to share their data. We then import this data every night into the directory and replace or remove any previous data.
By creating an account and adding content you agree to the following terms, conditions and notices.
When you register, you will be asked to select a user name and password that you can then use to access your secure account. You accept it is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under this. You agree to notify us of any unauthorised use of your password and any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
When adding a website (url) to your listing you will be generating a back link from a 'gov.uk' domain helping to boost your own websites search engine optimisation.
As a contributor, you must:
- provide true, accurate, up to date and complete information about your listing or event.
- to respond to communications from Cambridgeshire County Council within the deadlines given for reviewing live listings periodically.
- obtain consent from other members and officials of your listing, in order for their details to be published where this data is not already in the public domain.
It is your responsibility to comply with your obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations and Computer Misuse Act. You must ensure that you do nothing knowingly or negligently which places us and other parties in breach of obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations and Computer Misuse Act. You agree to indemnify and hold Cambridgeshire County Council, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of listing/s you submit, or made available through the online directory, your use of the online directory, your connection to the online directory, your violation of these notices, or your violation of any rights of others.
Under no circumstances can you use the online directory:
- for unlawful purposes;
- to promote illegal activities, inciting violence, hatred or to promote sexually explicit material;
- to promote any form of discrimination;
- for the purpose of harming, threatening, defaming or abusing/harassing any other person in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the online directory; in a way that affects how it is run; or in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably disproportionately large burden on the website’s technical systems as determined by us; or access content that is not part of your account.
- to submit or transmitting any material which is technically harmful (including without limitation computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, or other malicious software or harmful data).
The Cambridgeshire Online Directory application provides residents and families with information on organisations, services and events across Cambridgeshire.
We welcome ‘listings’ and ‘events’ from local providers and organisations that can support or help Cambridgeshire residents lead active, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Submissions will be added to the directory only if they are based, or have presence, in Cambridgeshire. However, if we deem it appropriate to do so we will include national or regional listings on the basis that they offer a significant contribution to the community.
- The intention of this directory is to provide a picture of community-based listings, and not to publicise business and commercial enterprise. However, if we deem it appropriate, we will include selected businesses because they offer a significant contribution to the community.
- We may decline submissions which duplicate our statutory responsibilities, support or function. This is because we would always expect the council or a commissioned alternative to be the default pathway for this support. Our wider information, advice and guidance offer should ensure that these routes are easily accessed, without the need for third party replication.
- Cambridgeshire County Council reserves the right to refuse, suspend or remove any listing or event we do not deem appropriate for the site. All listings submitted via the public access portal will have to pass through moderation before being published.
- During moderation we reserve the right to edit listings to improve the quality, functionality or grouping of the data.
- We may decline a listing but then invite the contributor to edit the data and resubmit the listing for moderation.
- If you need to remove a listing from the public domain, you can ‘unpublish’ it without any moderation process required.
The personal data we collect (email address) enables a directory account to be created. By giving us this information you consent to your information being collected by us.
We will only use this email address to:
- administer your registration and account
- communicate to you regarding your account, your submissions and general use of the directory including feedback, support, update notices and improving user experience.
Your Personal Data will be kept private and confidential, and will not be passed on to third parties in accordance with our Privacy and data protection statement.
All information submitted as part of a listing or event, is classed as public domain and open data.
Other than Contributor account details, any material which you add to this directory shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and submitted as open data into the public domain. Cambridgeshire County Council will have no obligations with respect to such material. Cambridgeshire County Council are free to copy, disclose, distribute, share, incorporate or otherwise use such material and all data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied for any and all commercial and non-commercial purposes.
You acknowledge and agree that Cambridgeshire County Council may share data provided by you.
You acknowledge and agree that you own and have copyright in the information which you provide and that you assign such copyright to Cambridgeshire County Council. If you do not have copyright in the information you confirm that you have satisfied yourself that you have the permission of the copyright holder to provide the information to the site and that they agree that it may be distributed as detailed below.
Where data in this online directory is re-used, users and contributors are asked to do this under the terms of the Open Government Licence.