Central Library, Cambridge Library
The library will be closed on the following days over the Easter period
- Good Friday - 19 April
- Easter Sunday - 21 April
- Easter Monday - 22 April
May Bank Holidays
The library will be closed on Monday 6 May and Monday 27 May
Opening hours for Lion Yard Library
|Monday||9.30am to 6pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am to 6pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am to 7pm|
|Thursday||9.30am to 6pm|
|Friday||9.30am to 6pm|
|Saturday||10am to 6pm|
|Sunday||12noon to 4pm|
Facilities and Equipment
- Car park
Nearest is the multi-storey public car park in Grand Arcade
- Public transport
Bus station in Drummer Street. Bus stops in Emmanuel Street, 400 yards away. Railway Station 1 mile away.
Check bus timetables
Wheelchair-friendly and fully accessible for all
With disability access
4 self-service colour photocopier
Staff operated fax from third floor helpdesk
- Book a computer online
A4 and A3 colour on each floor
See charges details
- 1 microfiche and 2 microfilm reader printers
Located in Cambridgeshire Collection
- Note/coin change machines
Available on first floor.
- Free WiFi
You don't need to have a library card to use this service.
- Cambridgeshire Collection
- Library Presents - Bringing arts activities to libraries across Cambridgeshire
- Learning Centre
- Parking Services - located on the 3rd Floor, the desk is open from 9.30am to 4.30pm on a Monday and Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- Youth Support Service - service for young people
- Adult Careers Service - information and advice service on learning and work for adults
- Meeting rooms for hire in this library
- Friends of Cambridge Central Library
Events & Activities
Please note: the dates shown are of when the event was added, not the event's date.
To see an event's date please click on the event title.