The Communities Capital Fund has now closed. Read our "Community projects awarded £5 million" news article to see which initiatives received funding.
A new £5m fund aimed at creating opportunities and improving lives and skills across Cambridgeshire was launched by Cambridgeshire County Council in April 2020.
The Communities Capital Fund will support projects that will make positive changes in the community, bringing people together and meeting the priorities that matter most to local people.
This new fund will support the delivery of community capital projects that help the Council to deliver the outcomes and objectives that it has set out in the Strategic Framework.
We welcome applications that will support community led projects which improve the health, wellbeing, social and economic opportunities and outcomes in our communities.
What the fund can be used for
Projects will need to show how they will:
- bring people together and involved them in the design and implementation
- improve local places and spaces that are important to communities
- help to address local priorities, e.g. increasing skills, reducing loneliness, improving physical and mental health
- improve access to new or existing services or activities, e.g. sports, leisure, education
- demonstrate match funding - this includes in kind contributions, land transfer etc
- minimise any potential impact on carbon emissions
Who can apply
The fund is open to any voluntary, community organisation or social enterprise alongside public bodies such as district, parish and town councils, schools or any other organisation that can demonstrate how their project will benefit Cambridgeshire residents.
How much you can apply for
Up to £500,000 of capital funding can be applied for to contribute towards the cost of your project. There is no lower limit, but we would expect capital projects to be at least £10,000. Applications can relate to buildings, land, vehicles, equipment or any other capital related item.
How to apply
Applications are subject to a two stage application process. We invite applicants to submit an expression of interest via their county councillor or community champion. Successful applicants will then be invited to submit a full application form.
- Cambridge City - Cllr Claire Richards
- East Cambridgeshire - Cllr Lis Every
- Fenland - Cllr Jan French
- Huntingdonshire - Cllr Adela Costello
- South Cambridgeshire - Your local county councillor
Please email the community champion for your area or your county councillor if you have any queries. Contact details for community champions and county councillors can be found on our Cambridgeshire CMIS website.