Timebanking is an exciting way for local people to come together and help each other by exchanging knowledge, help and skills. Timebanks can be set up by community organisations or individuals.
How Timebanking works
In a Timebank everyone’s time is equal. Regardless of the skills or expertise being exchanged, one hour equals one hour. The Timebanks are fully inclusive, with a dedicated Timebank Coordinator encouraging everyone to get involved.
Timebank Coordinators match people’s skills, arrange time exchanges and keep a record of all the members’ “banked” hours.
How an exchange works
A Timebank member can choose to give 1 hour of their time taking an older person to the local shops, and in return can spend that hour earned on anything which other members are offering, perhaps help with gardening, IT support or companionship. It is a positive way of developing communities.
Timebanking makes a difference by
- Driving social change
- Bringing people together
- Providing a foundation for everyone to be involved equally
- Encouraging new friendships and connections
- Harnessing the energy and power of local people to support one another
- Strengthening community bonds and cohesion
Timebanks in Cambridgeshire
- Cambourne: Email: email@example.com
- Fordham: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07715 908 024
- Godmanchester: Email: email@example.com
- Houghton and Wyton: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07484 524 180
- Littleport and Ely: Email: email@example.com
- Melbourn: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01763 263303 option 3
- Ramsey: Email: email@example.com or phone 01487 814 897
- Sawston: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07585 132213
- Somersham and Pidley: Email: email@example.com or phone 07443 619 017
- St Ives: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07887 894 100
- St Neots: Email: email@example.com or phone 07590 909 057
- Warboys: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07557 400 625
All Timebanks in the county are invited to join the Timebanking Partnership. The Partnership enables Timebanks to collaborate for example; to share learning, and team up for events and bids. They can get in touch via the email address below
If you are interested in setting up a Timebank in Cambridgeshire, CHS Group are able to help.
Contact Gerry.Cano@chsgroup.org.uk or phone 07834 750 676
You can follow the Cambridgeshire Timebanking Partnership on Twitter https://twitter.com/TimebankCambs