Accessibility Options

Requesting information about you (data protection)

Data Protection legislation allows access to personal information about you that is held by Cambridgeshire County Council. You can also access information on behalf of someone else (such as a child under the age of 12). You can ask to see this by making a Subject Access Request.

Access to your information

Size: 127.50 KB File format: doc

Please note, that we may not be able to share information with you that has been provided to the Council with an expectation in confidence (such as a referral made to Social Care in confidence), or information relating to other people.

Access information on behalf of somebody else

Size: 145.50 KB File format: doc

If you would like to make a Subject Access Request then please complete the relevant form for either Access to your information, or Access to information on behalf of someone else.

How long will a request take?

Under the Data Protection Act the County Council has 1 month in which to respond to your request, however the Council can apply an extension of 2 further months if your request is considered to be “complex”.

Factors affecting complexity include the volume of information requested, the amount of third-party information within the requested information, and how many different locations the information has to be sourced from.

The majority of requests for Social Care information will likely be considered complex due to the extent and sensitivity of the third-party personal data contained within the information. The Information Governance Team will inform you as soon as we can if your request has been assessed as complex and will communicate the basis for the decision to you.

Other rights

Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you also have the right to make various other types of requests regarding your personal data. These rights are:

  • Right to rectification (to request inaccurate data is corrected)
  • Right to erasure (to request that data is deleted)
  • Right to restrict processing (to request we don’t use your data in a certain way)
  • Right to data portability (in some cases, you can ask to receive a copy of your data in a commonly-used electronic format so that it can be given to someone else)
  • Right to object (generally to make a complaint about any aspect of our use of your data)
  • Right to have explained if there will be any automated decision-making, including profiling, based on your data and for the logic behind this to be explained to you

You can submit such a request via email or letter using the contact details below, providing two forms of ID (drivers licence, passport, birth certificate, utility bill etc). In doing so, please explain what right you are requesting under and, as specifically as possible, what information you are exercising your rights in relation to.  Requests will be considered and responded to within one month.


Please send to: Information Management
OCT 1224
Cambridgeshire County Council
Shire Hall
Castle Hill
Cambridge CB3 0AP

[email protected]

Did you find this information useful?

Website Feedback