Alzheimer's Society Dementia Support Forum
Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We are here to support anyone with memory issues from the time they become worried about their memory, through obtaining a diagnosis and then living with their condition. We help people to find ways to cope with memory issues we provide information, support and guidance and a listening ear to those who need it.
Direct support for people worried about their memory or affected by dementia:
- Our Dementia Support team offer practical guidance to help you understand the condition, cope with day-to-day challenges and prepare for the future.
- Our pre-assessment support team can provide information and help to anyone either worried about their memory or waiting for a diagnosis.
- Our Intense Support Team will provide support to carers struggling to cope or in crisis
- We provide a range of virtual groups and courses for both people with Dementia and carers.
We have extended the operating hours of our national Dementia Connect Support Line. Trained advisors can be contacted via 0333 150 3456 for advice and guidance. The Helpline is open
- 9am-8pm Monday to Wednesday
- 9am-5pm Thursday and Friday
- 10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday
Alternatively you can call our local number 01223 620962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Year
- Full Time
Most people who access our services are referred after a diagnosis of dementia (all forms) either by the GP or the Memory Clinic. Referrals are also received via social services and other organisations, family and friends as well as self referral for advice and information.
Facilities and equipment
- Cost: Free
Last updated on: 18/09/2023
- Charities and volunteering
- Health and wellbeing
- Information advice and support
- National organisation
- Care and support
- Disabilities impairments and learning difficulties
- Help to look after someone
- Life events and relationships
- Social emotional and mental health
- Staying independent
- Care Act (Adult social care and support)
- Volunteering / community support