Bluntisham Waste Recycling Centre
- Provided by:
- Cambridgeshire County Council
The county’s Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) will be open from Monday 11 May for residents who have essential waste that cannot be stored safely at home.
The recycling centres will open their doors for their usual summer opening hours.
Think before you visit
- Only visit if it is essential - Residents should only visit a Household Recycling Centre if essential and if you cannot minimise your waste, store it at home safely, or use alternative kerbside or bulky waste collections. Further Government advice is here (paragraph 1.1).
- Covid-19 infected waste - You must not bring any waste which could be infected with Covid-19. This includes disposed of PPE waste or general household waste if you have been suffering from Covid-19 symptoms. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being disposed of in your kerbside collection.
- Do not attend if you or your household are suffering from Covid-19 symptoms - If you or anyone in your home have related symptoms or are suffering from Covid-19 you must not visit any of the Household Recycling Centres under any circumstances.
- Vans/trailers/permit holders - There will be a delay before we are able to accept vans and trailers that require a permit, this includes current permit holders. Please check if your vehicle requires a permit. This is in place to stop large loads from coming in and slowing down the operations. It will be reviewed after two weeks. Please don’t use the Household Recycling Centres until you are advised to do so.
- Are you a Cambridgeshire resident? - Please note that the Household Recycling Centres are for the use of Cambridgeshire residents only. If you need to visit the site, please bring proof of your address (utility bill, council tax bill, driving licence or similar) in case you are asked to provide it.
- Please avoid peak times - Our traffic management is unable to allow excessive queuing, so you may be turned away and asked to return later if it is busy. To try and avoid this, we ask residents to plan their journeys away from the anticipated peak times of 9am to 10am, noon until 1pm and the hour before closing.
- Diversion route - There is currently a diversion route in place for accessing the site. Details of the diversion route is here (Enter The Heath, Huntingdon in the search box in the top right hand corner of the screen).
For further information, please see our Household Recycling Centres page.
There are nine Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) in Cambridgeshire. They are managed by Amey under contract to Cambridgeshire County Council.
HRCs are provided for Cambridgeshire residents to bring their household waste.
Further information about disposing of waste, as well as our policies, can be found on our Waste and Recycling webpages.
April to September - 8am to 5pm, seven days a week
October to March - 8am to 4pm, seven days a week
Entrance gates shut 10 minutes before closing time
The centre operates Sunday opening hours on bank holidays. It is closed from 1pm on Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Last updated on: 21 May 2020