Bottisham Community Library (LAP)
- Provided by:
- Bottisham Community Library (LAP)
Bottisham Community Library is fully open .
Tuesdays 3:00 to 5:00 and 6:00 to 8:00, Wednesdays 10:00 to 11:30, Thursdays 3:00 to 5:00, Fridays 6:00 to 8:00, Saturdays 10:00 to 12:00.
We will be closed from Friday 7 April 2023 to Tuesday 11 April 2023 inclusive for Easter.
We will be closed Saturday 6 May for the Coronation.
At Bottisham Community Library you can:-
- Borrow books (up to 12 books for 3 weeks)
- Reserve books we don’t have
- Check your library account
- Renew books on loan
- Buy books from our sale shelf (50p)
- Join the library. We also have a local membership scheme for £1 per year which gives you a free book reservation. Membership fees go to purchasing new books.
- Use our community PC, colour printer and photocopier (charge per sheet).
- Get free access to many online resources available through Cambridgeshire Libraries including Ancestry and Find My Past family history sites.
- Access the internet through free high speed wi-fi
- We take part in the annual Summer Reading Challenge for youngsters run by Cambridgeshire Libraries.
We have a large selection of adult fiction, non-fiction and reference books available
We also have many books for toddlers, children, teenagers and young adults
Surplus books are available for sale at the library and at several village events.
We have plenty of space for private study or just to sit and read in a warm environment
We are a volunteer run organisation and welcome offers to join our team
Donations of money and books welcomed.
There is something for everyone at Cambridgeshire Libraries.
Our 45 libraries and library access points and 400+ mobile library stops across the county offer books, newspapers, magazines, free WiFi and computer access, CDs and music scores.
Online there is free access to e-books and e-audiobooks, access to many newspapers plus an array of free e-magazines to download and read at your leisure. You can use the library app to access to your account, request and renew books.
Cambridgeshire Libraries’ monthly e-newsletter is a must for finding out what’s going on in a library near you. You will be amazed at the breadth and depth of the events happening in our libraries. Sign up for the library e-Newsletter to make sure you don't miss special promotions and events in your library.
If you find you cannot get to your library due to mobility difficulties, illness (short or long term) or through unpaid caring responsibilities, you may be eligible for the Home Library Service. We find a volunteer to bring you reading materials and have a chat every month.
Anyone living, working, studying or visiting in Cambridgeshire, or neighbouring counties, is welcome to join our library service free of charge.
We welcome volunteers in a variety of roles so please contact us if you are interested in getting involved and supporting a library. We have a variety of volunteering opportunities for young people (13+) – Summer Reading Challenge, book clubs, homework help and the Duke of Edinburgh scheme.
There are many adult volunteering opportunities ranging from helping to keep your library spick and span (shelving books, helping with displays etc) to becoming a digital buddy, helping with social media, joining the Read A Little Aloud groups (storytime for adults) through to supporting the arts and culture in your library with The Library Presents programme.
Opening time notes
- Tuesday:3pm – 5pm, 6pm – 8pm
- Wednesday:10am – 11.30am
- Thursday:3pm – 5pm
- Friday:6pm – 8pm
- Saturday:10am – 12pm
- All Year
- Type: Libraries
Last updated on: 19/01/2023