Cognition Clinical Psychology - psychological assessment and diagnosis service
Cognition Clinical Psychology is a small independent clinical psychology service for both children and adults based in Bedfordshire but covering Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Northamptonshire.
We specialise in the assessment and diagnosis of individuals with Autism and Learning Disabilities across the life span: from children to adolescents and adults. With ethical values at the core of our business, each and every client can expect a friendly, professional, transparent and high quality service.
We only believe in offering assessments when they are truly needed and not charging people for unnecessary work, or asking people to undergo assessments when we believe there would be no long-term benefit to them. We achieve this through our robust initial consultation process. Our Consultant Clinical Psychologist Dr James Winkworth has worked throughout his career alongside those with Autism and Learning Disabilities. He is highly trained, highly regarded and fully registered as a practicing Clinical Psychologist with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Monday:8.30am – 5.30pm
- Tuesday:8.30am – 5.30pm
- Wednesday:8.30am – 5.30pm
- Thursday:8.30am – 5.30pm
- Friday:8.30am – 5.30pm
- All Year
We are a self referral service. Please contact us directly to discuss your needs or that of your child and where appropriate book an initial consultatoin to discuss your needs.
Facilities and equipment
All appointment venues will be at a location which is accessible and suitable to you.
- Cost: Please see our wesbite for our fee information or contact us directly for more information.
Last updated on: 05/03/2021
- Advice networks forums and advocacy
- Community facilities and provision
- Education work and training
- Health and wellbeing
- Information advice and support
- Addiction disorders and rehabilitation
- Care and support
- Counselling and therapy
- Disabilities impairments and learning difficulties
- Parenting and family support
- Care Act (Adult social care and support)
- Local Offer (special educational needs and disabilities ages 0-25)
- SCIP – Special Needs Community Information