Gamlingay Library has now reopened, with limited services.
Do it online:
Only one household group is allowed in at any one time, and you cannot browse the shelves. Instead you will have to ask the library volunteers to get any book you want off the shelf, or phone up and make your request in advance and have your books waiting for you. If you’re unsure what you want to read we’ll be happy to help you decide. It is currently free to order books from other libraries, either online or by asking at the library counter. Books are thoroughly quarantined on their return here, so you’ve no need to worry about contamination.
However, even though our services here are currently limited, online library services are always available. Cambridgeshire libraries offer a huge range of free online facilities, including ebooks, e-audiobooks, e-magazines, and even online comics and newspapers. To find out more visit the Cambridgeshire Libraries website.
Run by a part time Library Manager, financed by the Parish Council and helped by a team of volunteers, the library offers a wide range of facilities, including:
- A large selection of adult fiction and non-fiction, including large print
- Younger children’s and teenage fiction and non-fiction
- Local and national newspapers and local information
- Access to the full Cambridgeshire & Suffolk catalogue of books, audio books, eBooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers, CDs and DVDs
- Free access to Ancestry websites and Newspaper archives
- Printing and photocopying facilities
- Free internet access and wi-fi (please phone beforehand to book your computer)
- Monthly Reading Group- see the group’s Facebook page for more details.
Facilities and equipment
- Free WiFi
You don't need to have a library card to use this service.
Opening time notes
- Monday:2pm – 4pm
- Thursday:10am – 12pm
- Saturday:10am – 12pm
- All Year
- Type: Libraries
Last updated on: 05/10/2020