Opportunities Without Limits - Papworth Trust
Papworth Trust’s Opportunities Without Limits service provides leisure, learning and work related activities to more than 1,000 disabled people. We support customers with physical and learning disabilities ranging from mild to moderate to more complex needs from five locations in the East of England. In Cambridgeshire we deliver a range of activities and support sessions from Hester Adrian Centre, Hawthorn Way, Cambridge (CB1 4AX), The Free Church in Sawston (CB22 3BG)and Saxongate, Huntingdon (PE29 2RR). During the current isolation and social distancing period we are continuing to provide activities and services through our online virtual sessions.
Our Opportunities Without Limits are specifically designed for those adults with Learning disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Autism and mild mental health issues. The support can be funded privately, through direct payments or through Adult Social Services. Some of our activities are geared more towards gaining employment e.g. First Steps to Success programme and OWL Bikes.
Customer can directly refer themselves (or family/Carers), as well as referrals though Adult Social Services (subject to funding approval). Also the SEN schools and EHCP budget holders can refer customers as well as a number of other voluntary/charitable & Care support organisations.
Facilities and equipment
Each of our centres in Cambridgeshire are equipped to enable us to deliver a range of services in a safe and accessible environment. Majority of our activities are designed so most of the customers can participate and so that the customer does not need to provide additional equipment.
- Monday:9.30am – 12pm, 1pm – 3.30pm
- Tuesday:9.30am – 12pm, 1pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesday:9.30am – 12pm, 1pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday:9.30am – 12pm, 1pm – 3.30pm
- Friday:9.30am – 12pm, 1pm – 3.30pm
- Saturday:12am – 12.02am, 12.03am – 12.04am
- Sunday:12am – 12.02am, 12.03am – 12.04am
- All Year
- Full Time
- Half Term
- Term Time
- Opening Notes:
- We have places at all our centres in Cambridgeshire and we would meet (or hold a virtual meeting using Zoom) to ascertain needs, likes, dislikes etc with the customers and recommend a programme of activities that are appropriate for the customer as well as those that achieves SMART goals and personal outcomes. Please note that hours listed above means that there is one hour for lunch (venue is still open and customers will take lunch at the venue (all customers to bring their own lunch).
- Cost: £24.95 per session (2.5 hours)
- Age range: 18 - 65
Last updated on: 24 April 2020
- Arts and crafts
- Clubs and groups
- Community facilities and provision
- Education work and training
- Care and support
- Disabilities impairments and learning difficulties
- Getting out and about
- Social emotional and mental health
- Staying independent
- Activities and events
- Personal budgets and direct payments
- Volunteering / community support
Tel: 0330 1071133
Fax: Hester Adrian Centre
Heater Adrian Centre, Hawthorn Way, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB1 1AX, PE29 3RR, CB22 3BG
We have 3 different venues in Cambridgeshire that the customers can choose to attend (Cambridge, Sawston and Huntingdon. In addition customers are welcome to visit a venue and attend an activity on a trial basis before making the final decision. Whilst the restrictions are in place customers can still participate in many practical and social activities using remote technology. It is also worth noting that our current situation means that the times of "opening" and session delivery will vary from the norm so please contact us for the latest details of which sessions are available.
Facilities and Accessibility
- Accessible parking
- Quiet area
- Wheelchair access
- Disabled toilets
- Toilet facilities