- Provided by:
- Cambridgeshire County Council
There is something for everyone at Cambridgeshire Libraries.
Our 45 libraries and library access points and 400+ mobile library stops across the county offer books, newspapers, magazines, free WiFi and computer access, CDs and music scores.
Online there is free access to e-books and e-audiobooks, access to many newspapers plus an array of free e-magazines to download and read at your leisure. You can use the library app to access to your account, request and renew books.
Cambridgeshire Libraries’ monthly e-newsletter is a must for finding out what’s going on in a library near you. You will be amazed at the breadth and depth of the events happening in our libraries. Sign up for the library e-Newsletter to make sure you don't miss special promotions and events in your library.
If you find you cannot get to your library due to mobility difficulties, illness (short or long term) or through unpaid caring responsibilities, you may be eligible for the Home Library Service. We find a volunteer to bring you reading materials and have a chat every month.
Anyone living, working, studying or visiting in Cambridgeshire, or neighbouring counties, is welcome to join our library service free of charge.
We welcome volunteers in a variety of roles so please contact us if you are interested in getting involved and supporting a library. We have a variety of volunteering opportunities for young people (13+) – Summer Reading Challenge, book clubs, homework help and the Duke of Edinburgh scheme.
There are many adult volunteering opportunities ranging from helping to keep your library spick and span (shelving books, helping with displays etc) to becoming a digital buddy, helping with social media, joining the Read A Little Aloud groups (storytime for adults) through to supporting the arts and culture in your library with The Library Presents programme.
Facilities and equipment
- Photocopier - A4/A3 self-service black and white.
- Printer - A4 black and white, and colour.
- Computers - Book a computer online
- Free WiFi - You don't need to have a library card to use this service.
- Toilets with disabled and baby changing facilities.
- Meeting rooms for hire.
- Tuesday:10am – 5pm
- Wednesday:4pm – 7pm
- Thursday:10am – 5pm
- Friday:10am – 1pm
- Saturday:10am – 1pm
- All Year
- Opening Notes:
- In addition to the hours advertised above, partner facilitated sessions run on a Monday between 10am and 12pm and on a Wednesday between 10am and 4pm. You can self-issue and return books, access photocopying and printing facilities and public computers during these sessions. The library is closed on bank holidays.
- Cost: Free
- Type: Libraries; Local Authority Service
Last updated on: 14 February 2020
Ramsey Library, 25 Great Whyte, Ramsey, Cambridgeshire, PE26 1HG
Facilities and Accessibility
- Accessible parking
- Baby facilities
- Wheelchair access
What’s on at this venue
- 26 February - Ramsey Timebank Crochet Club
- 28 February - Rhymetime for Babies - Ramsey Library
- 28 February - Rhymetime for Toddlers - Ramsey Library
- 02 March - Ramsey Crafters - Ramsey Library
- 02 March - Age UK Hub - Ramsey Library
- 02 March - Board Games Club - Ramsey Library
- 03 March - Computer Buddy Sessions - Ramsey Library
- 03 March - Community Power House Games - Ramsey Library
- 04 March - Ramsey Timebank Crochet Club
- 06 March - Rhymetime for Babies - Ramsey Library