Royal British Legion Chatteris Branch
The Royal British Legion is at the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community.
We're here through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten. We've been here since 1921 and we'll be here as long as they need us.
We provide lifelong support to serving and ex-serving personnel and their families.
Our support starts after seven days of service and continues through life, long after service is over.
We’re dedicated to supporting not only serving and ex-serving personnel but the whole of the Armed Forces community, including dependants and carers. This includes:
- Serving personnel, or those who have previously served, who have received seven days pay and were aged 16 or over at the time of service
- Reserve or Auxiliary personnel, or those who have previously served
- Those who have served with the Mercantile Marine afloat in hostile waters
- Current or previous full-time members of Allied Civil Police Forces
- Those entitled to the campaign medal issued to the Royal Navy, Army or Royal Air Force to those giving them direct support or under their command
- Any member of Voluntary Aid Societies who has served full-time and in uniform in direct support of the United Kingdom Armed Forces
- Any British subject (by birth or otherwise) who has served at least seven days in the Forces of an Allied nation and received seven days' pay from that nation
- Any British subject (by birth or otherwise) who served in a resistance organisation of an Allied nation during hostilities in which the United Kingdom Armed Forces were engaged
- Any person who served in the Home Guard for at least six months, or in a Bomb and Mine Disposal Unit for at least three months
- Any person who was awarded the Defence Medal in respect of service in the Home Guard or in a Bomb and Mine Disposal Unit
We can also provide support for Commonwealth citizens who are residents in the UK as well as past and present members of the Brigade of Gurkhas and their families. Find out more about eligibility online.
Help is just a phone call away
Call us on 0808 802 8080. Lines are open from 8 am-8 pm every day.
- All Year
Last updated on: 14 October 2019