Parents' Schools Preference Advice
The Parents’ School Preference Adviser can help parents with children between the ages of 4 and 16 with impartial information, advice, and support on a range of information, including:
- Choosing and applying for primary and secondary schools
- How the transfer and admissions process works
- Admission policies and criteria for different schools
- Provision for special educational needs
- Changing schools during the school year
- The appeals process and travel issues
Parents can access this service at any time, though it is normally accessed according to the timetable for making school applications and school admission appeals. There is no waiting list; all enquiries will be responded to as soon as possible.Parents who have used the service or attended events are asked for feedback which is used to improve our offer.
- Monday:8.30am – 4.30pm
- Tuesday:8.30am – 4.30pm
- Wednesday:8.30am – 4.30pm
- Thursday:8.30am – 4.30pm
- Friday:8.30am – 4pm
- Term Time
This service is available to any parent resident in, or moving into Cambridgeshire.
The Parents’ School Preference Adviser can be contacted by phone, email or post. Parents and carers can self refer at any time. All referrals are confidential. Practitioners can ask for us to support a parent but this must be with the parent’s permission.
- Age range: 4 - 16
- Type: Local Authority Service
- School Code: 9998
Last updated on: 04/03/2022