Samuel Pepys Special School in St Neots has been judged to be outstanding by Ofsted.
Inspectors praised all aspects of the Cromwell Road school highlighting the enthusiasm of the ‘delightful’ pupils and the high expectations and commitment of the staff team. All 113 pupils (aged 3-19) have special educational needs and disabilities.
The report said:
- “Pupils are delightful. They care about others. They readily talk about what they are doing and are a pleasure to be around.”
- ‘Staff are patient, sensitive and understanding of pupil’s requirements”
- “Teaching, learning and assessment are outstanding. Teachers’ high expectations enables pupils to flourish”
- “Parents and carers are fully involved in their children’s development”
- “Governors play a full and active part in the life of the school”
- “Leaders’ careful self-review and commitment to the continuous professional development of staff give confidence that the school will continue to go from strength to strength”
Headteacher Joanne Hardwick, said, “We are really pleased with this outcome, the result of the strong and effective partnership working between families, class teams, leaders, governors and the other professionals who support the learning, well-being and safety of the pupils. We are pleased that the inspectors acknowledged how happy and keen to learn the pupils are. We are pleased and proud, a celebration of everything we do together each day.”
Chair of Governors Jenny Knight, said, “We are delighted that the school delivers an outstanding education for every pupil and would like to say a huge thank you to the staff team for their commitment to consistently delivering such high standards.”
Councillor Simon Bywater, Chairman of the Children and Young People’s Committee for Cambridgeshire County Council, said, “As part of our commitment to making sure that all children in Cambridgeshire have the best start in life we make high quality teaching and support for children with special needs and disabilities a priority. Getting an Outstanding rating from Ofsted is a great and well-deserved achievement for Samuel Pepys School.”
The full report can be seen at https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/25/110951