Accessibility Options


You can make payment and apply for your ordinary watercourse land drainage consent within Cambridgeshire only by using this online form. The fee for consent is £50 per structure.

You will need:

  • to understand the policies and processes that apply. Please go to our Flood and Water Watercourse Management pages for details
  • a completed Ordinary Watercourse Consent application form for all such applications
  • a location plan/map or detailed description of the property / site location
  • the required plans and any additional documents needed for Consent applications
  • your debit or credit card
  • your email address. This will be used to communicate with you concerning your application

You will be asked to provide information about yourself to enable us to log and process your request.

Your personal information will be collected and used in line with Data Protection legislation to provide you with the service you request under the Council’s public task and our responsibilities under the Land Drainage Act 1991.

Information will only be shared with other organisations where this is needed to provide the service you request or if we are under a legal requirement to do so.  This may include district/city councils where they are acting as consultees to the application process.

Further details about how we use this data and the rights you have around this can be found at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/privacy . If you have any data protection queries, please contact the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].

Did you find this information useful?