Technology and devices
Most people want to stay in their own home and maintain their independence for as long as possible.
There are practical steps you can take to help you remain in control and a lot of different equipment and daily living aids that you can purchase yourself without needing to have an assessment or a referral, such as:
- Daily living aids that make everyday tasks, personal care and household chores easier to manage
- Tools and implements to make things easier to reach and hold
- Equipment to help you maintain your hobbies
- Gadgets to help with controlling your TV, using the telephone, listening to the radio, using your computer, hearing the doorbell and much more
- Items that help with mobility, shopping and driving
- Products for your home and garden
Safe and Well Cambridgeshire is run by NRS healthcare and supported by Cambridgeshire County Council. It provides information and advice and a range of equipment and devices that you can purchase to help with every day tasks. You can go online to use a questionnaire to help identify things that might help you, or telephone 01480 415 719 to talk to an Occupational Therapist.
- Find out more about the District Nurse and Community Matron who can provide some equipment.
- Find out more about equipment for people with hearing or vision loss
- Find out about fire safety and smoke alarms and Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service's free home fire safety checks.
There is also a wide range of gadgets available to purchase from the high street or through homeware catalogues and online retailers, that may make life a bit easier for you.
Contact usCustomer Services
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0345 045 5202
8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm on Saturday