Who can help?

If you have concerns someone regarding their mental health we recommend that they contact their GP for help.

Mind in Cambridgeshire has lots of information about getting help and support.

Someone who is experiencing depression or anxiety can self refer to the Psychological Wellbeing Service which is part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service (IAPT). Find out more and how you can self refer.

The Alzheimer's Society supports people with a dementia and their families and carers. There are local branches covering Huntingdonshire and Cambridge and Ely.

Find out more about support for carers of people who have mental ill health.

If you have serious concerns for someone's immediate safety and mental health

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust has information about what to do in a crisis.

Mental health crisis support

The First Response Service (FRS) puts your mental health first. It provides 24 hour access, seven days a week, 365 days a year, to mental health care, advice and support.

If you are experiencing something that makes you feel unsafe, distressed or worried about your mental health you can now contact the FRS by dialling 111 and selecting option 2.

Did you find this information useful?

Website Feedback