Accessibility Options

To qualify for support

You must:

  • be over 18 years old
  • a Cambridgeshire resident
  • have significant needs
  • or be a carer with significant needs

We will discuss your wellbeing and work out with you how much you are affected in different areas of your life such as:

  • your physical, mental and emotional health
  • your personal dignity
  • protection from abuse and neglect
  • domestic, family and personal relationships
  • feeling you are in control
  • your contribution to society
  • if your living arrangements are working for you
  • your work, education or training
  • your social and economic wellbeing

We will ask you what things are important to you and what you want to prioritise. We will complete a risk assessment with you or with you and your family to help us understand the risks to your wellbeing.

What are significant needs?

  • If you have, or will have, only partial choice and control over your immediate surroundings.
  • If you have been, or will be, abused or neglected.
  • If you are not, or will not, be able to carry out two or more basic personal care or domestic routines.
  • If you cannot, or will not, be able to maintain your involvement in many aspects of work, education or learning or accessing community facilities.
  • If you cannot, or will not, be able to maintain most social support systems and relationships and there is significant risk to aspects of your wellbeing.
  • If you cannot, or will not, be able to carry out most family and other social roles and responsibilities and failing to do so is having a significant impact on your wellbeing.

We will look at your needs and consider them against the eligibility criteria set by the Care Act. We support needs which are assessed as 'significant'. This means we use our resources to help those who need our help the most.

How do I get support?

You may be referred to us for an assessment by a professional such as a GP or another service or you can contact Customer Services yourself or a relative or friend can do this for you.

When you contact us we will have an initial conversation with you about your strengths and abilities. Based on this, we can provide some information, advice and support or arrange for a full assessment, if necessary.

If, after assessment, your needs are found to be 'significant' you (and your family) will be offered help to plan and arrange your social care support.

What if I don't qualify for support?

If you do not have significant needs there may be care and support available from other organisations and your local community. You can buy equipment or make changes to your home and your lifestyle to help to keep you independent, safe and well. 

Contact us

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0345 045 5202
8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm on Saturday

In an emergency, outside office hours

If someone is in danger and unable to protect themselves or cannot remain in the community without immediate intervention telephone: 01733 234 724.

If the person is in immediate danger or needs medical treatment contact the police and/or call an ambulance on 999.

Did you find this information useful?