Learning Disability Partnership (LDP)
The Cambridgeshire Learning Disability Partnership (LDP) includes both social care and health professionals who help people who have a learning disability. There are different criteria for specialist health support and social care:
- to receive health support people need to meet the diagnostic criteria of a learning disability
- to receive social care support they additionally need to meet social care eligibility criteria.
With the right kind of help everyone with a learning disability is capable of achieving his or her goals.
We work with a range of independent and voluntary sector partners to provide high quality care and support for people with a learning disability looking for daytime support, respite care, home care, supported living accommodation, and specialist health support related to the needs of the person with a learning disability.
- We offer specialist services for people in order to meet a wide range of needs.
- We support people to develop the skills for and access to paid employment.
- We facilitate access to meaningful activities for people with learning disabilities.
- We support people who want to take part in community education or college courses.
Short-term residential care
We can provide opportunities for short breaks to enable relatives and carers to have a break from the pressures that can arise from caring.
Shared Lives scheme
We can provide the opportunity for short breaks within a family setting, and support adults within their communities to learn how to be independent and interact socially. We can also support people in a permanent placement.
Where a person moves away from their family to live in their own home, we will make sure they have enough support from professional care staff to ensure they are not at risk.
Whilst supported living is the preferred model of service, we also support people into residential care if this is deemed as the most appropriate way to meet their assessed needs.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0345 045 5202
8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm on Saturday