As of 30 November 2018, Local Authorities will cease to offer the Settlement Checking Service and Nationality Document Return Service, customers can now apply online via GOV.UK.
As of 31 December 2018, Local Authorities will cease to provide the Nationality Checking Service and customers can now apply online via GOV.UK.
New UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services
From 9 November 2018, the UK Visas and Immigration Service (UKVI) will be offering a new UK Visa and Citizenship Application service. The majority of customers can complete their applications online and attend 1 of 57 new service centres, managed by a commercial partner Sopra Steria. Customers will attend an appointment at a service centre to submit their biometric information (photo and fingerprints), and supporting evidence (including proof of identity). To learn more about the new services, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration webpage.
Assisted Digital Service
The UK Visa and Immigration Service have set up an Assisted Digital support service that is available to customers who do not have the appropriate access, skills or confidence to complete an online application form. The Assisted Digital Service aims to ensure that nobody is excluded from making an immigration application due to lack of digital skills or access to a computer. Eligible customers are offered telephone support, or face to face support at a library or their home, to help them access and complete the online form. This service does not provide immigration advice. See the GOV.UK website for more information or contact below:
- Phone: 03333 445 67
- Text message: text the word “VISA” to 07537416944
- Email: [email protected] (Please include a telephone number you can be contacted on if possible).
Cambridgeshire County Council are still offering a limited number of nationality checking service appointments, please see below. We are unable to hold appointments without payment.
- Nationality Checking Service for the paper application – The charge for this service is £100 per adult and £40 per child. You are unable to apply for your British passport at the same time. We will be taking bookings for this service until the end of December 2018.
- Nationality Document Return Service for the online application, you can also apply for your British passport with this service. The charge for this service is £60 per applicant plus an additional £12 per applicant if you wish to apply for your British passport at the same time. We will be taking bookings for this service until the end of November 2018.
- Settlement Checking Service. The charge for this service is £115 for the main applicant and £35 per dependant.We will be taking bookings for this service until the end of November 2018. Please note that we can only offer this service to check the paper version of the SET M form.
For further information or to make an appointment, please call 01223 715500 between 9am and 4pm Monday to Thursday and 9am and 3.30pm on Friday.