You will receive an invitation from the Home Office to book a ceremony once British citizenship application is successful.
Before booking your ceremony you need to know:
- the reference that comes on your invite from the Home Office
- whether you will swear (includes a reference to God) or affirm (no reference to God) the Oath required
- if you are bringing up to 2 guests
To book a ceremony:
- group ceremonies - 0345 045 5155 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm) (Saturday 9am to 1pm)
- private ceremonies - 01223 715 500 (fee is £225 from Mondays to Thursdays and £320 on Fridays)
Group ceremonies are held most Wednesdays throughout the year. Please arrive from 1.45pm (no later than 2pm) and report to main reception at Shire Hall.
Late arrivals may not be able to be accommodated.
You must bring your invitation letter/e-mail from the council and your confirmation letter from the Home Office.
Each prospective citizen must either swear or affirm an Oath of Allegiance to the Queen and make a Pledge of Loyalty to the United Kingdom, all of which must be spoken in English.
The Chairman of the Council and a representative of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will make speeches and you will receive your certificate pack from them.
The ceremony usually finishes at 3pm and refreshments are served after the ceremony.
Official photographs taken at the ceremony will be available to buy. No parking is available but there is a nearby pay and display. Two disabled parking bays are available outside Castle Lodge.