Links to other sources of information
- Department for Education
- Foundation years
- Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY)
- Pre-School Learning Alliance
- National Day Nurseries Association
- Family and Childcare Trust
- Action for Children
The council is responsible for developing childcare places throughout the county and for supporting childcare providers. We offer support for practitioners and childcare providers to help meet statutory requirements and deliver quality education and care. We can advise on funding and qualifications, and provide training and resources.
Support for quality improvement
The Early Years Service can offer flexible, quality assured support, advice and guidance to early years & childcare providers and schools, delivered by specialist sector experts and based on:
- specialist knowledge and understanding of all aspects of early years and childcare, including current legislation and best practice
- a thorough understanding of provision in Cambridgeshire.
Early Years membership offer
The Early Years Service Offer includes an expanded range of flexible, cost-effective options designed to meet the changing needs of the sector. Full details of this offer is on Learn Together.