An important part of becoming independent is getting involved in all the things adults do, everything from joining clubs to voting in elections. Your Personal Adviser will want to help you work out what is important to you and how you can get involved. This might include:
- Providing information on groups and clubs you may wish to join
- Informing you about relevant awards, schemes and competitions you can enter, in line with your talents and interests
- Informing you about voluntary work that may interested you
- Helping you find, and possibly helping with the cost of, leisure activities
- Encouraging and helping you to enrol on the Electoral Register, so you can vote in elections
- Helping you access legal advice or other support if you run into difficulty
- Giving you advice and helping you to challenge any discrimination you might experience.