Sometimes an adopted person is sure that they do not want contact with their birth family. If you don't want your birth family to be able to contact you. We can advise you how to place a veto on your adoption file and/or express a wish for 'non contact' on the Registrar General’s Contact Register.
- Adopted adults
- Birth relatives of adopted adults
who are living within Cambridgeshire (excluding Peterborough) at the time of enquiry.
1. Adopted adults
- Were you adopted as a child?
- Do you live in Cambridgeshire?
- Are you aged 18 years or older?
- Have you accessed your birth records? (See below.)
- Are you considering making contact with a member or members of your birth family?
- Would you like to know more about your rights under the Adoption and Children Act 2002, and the Adoption Information and Intermediary Services Regulations 2005?
2. Birth relative of an adopted person
- Are you the birth relative of someone who was adopted as a child and is now over the age of 18?
- Are you aged 18 years or over?
- Would you like support to try and make contact with them?
- Would you like to know more about your rights under the Adoption and Children Act 2002 and the Adoption Information and Intermediary Services Regulations 2005?
- Telephone: 0300 123 1093
- Email: Adoptionenquiries@cambridgeshire.gov.uk