There are a wide range of fostering opportunities available in Cambridgeshire. The type of fostering you are most suited to will depend on factors such as the skills, experience and your availability.
- Emergency fostering – when children need somewhere safe to stay for a few nights
- Long term fostering – for those children and young people who are unable to return to live with their birth family we very carefully choose alternative permanent carers. Our long term foster carers look after children until they reach maturity and independence
- Time-limited fostering – when carers look after children for a few weeks or months, while plans are made for the child’s future
- Short breaks for disabled children – the Family Link Service works closely with families to provide disabled children with a “home from home” and their family with regular short breaks. This can be a couple of days a month or more. For more information please visit our Family Link page.
- Supported lodgings – these placements provide a young person with a room in a home environment and the support and guidance of the adult or adults living there.
- Parent and baby – parent and baby placements provide a safe and nurturing environment for both the young parent and their child. The carers provide mentoring and practical advice on parenting.
For more information about any of the above roles, you can either:
or call us on 0800 052 0078.