Kinship Foster Care

When a child can't carry on living with their parents, we will always try to maintain them within their wider family. Relatives can be assessed as kinship foster carers.  

If you'd like to be considered as a foster carer for a child who is both related to you and in the Council's care (or might come into our care) please contact the child's social worker in the first instance.

Further information

Family and Friends Care policy

Size: 115.97 KB File format: pdf

Care of children by relatives and friends

Size: 417.94 KB File format: pdf

Did you find this information useful?

Website Feedback