The Personal Outcomes Evaluation Tool, or POET for short, is a quick to do questionnaire that asks how EHCPs are working and whether they have made a difference to children and young people’s lives.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK…..COMPLETE A QUESTIONNAIRE!
Children, young people, families and carers will be sent a POET questionnaire each time their EHCP is reviewed but you can complete it online here if you wish. There are 3 different questionnaires and you can complete whichever is the right one for you by clicking on the links below. They are quick and easy to do, shorter than last years and you don’t have to give your name.
EHCP POET Survey
Size: 695.23 KB File format: pdf
EHCP POET Survey
Size: 545.11 KB File format: pdf
We have been involved for several years as part of the pilot to develop the POET questionnaires that are now used across England. We have used our results to help set our priorities and improve what happens locally but they are also used, along with results from other areas, to influence the national implementation of the SEND reforms. We have always had a really good response from families, carers, children and young people and consistently have amongst the highest number of surveys completed in the whole country so a huge thank you to everyone who took part.
LATEST RESULTS – January 2017
In Control, collated the feedback from questionnaires completed between September 2016 and the end of January 2017 showing how Cambridgeshire compares to the national picture. We are pleased to see that overall this feedback shows that we are in line with or performing better than the national picture, although know that there is work to be done in all areas. The feedback is being used to inform the SEND strategy and action plan going forward.
More information about the POET Survey
- The programme is being led by the charity In Control with Lancaster University, and is supported by the Department for Education.
- In Control, with the help of children, young people, families and practitioners from across the country (including here in Cambridgeshire) have developed and tested the questionnaires for people to complete about the process of obtaining an Education, Health and Care plan and in some cases a personal budget and related outcomes.
- If you would prefer a paper version of the questionnaire please contact us and we will send you one.
- Locally, we will use the results of this survey on a termly basis to monitor how we are doing and how we can make improvements.
- The information you give us will also be used in a national report which will be published in autumn 2017 to help improve the way things are done for others in England. Read the 2015 / 2016 report.
- We will produce our own local reports but also receive an individual report for Cambridgeshire that compares our findings with those from the rest of the country.
- We will publish the results and what we will be doing as a result of the findings on this page.
- If you are interested in working with us to consider the results and identify any actions please let us know and we will contact you again nearer the time.
- In Control continues to adjust and improve the survey questionnaire based on feedback from you so we would also be very interested in your views or comments you have about the format of the surveys.
- Cambridgeshire are part of the national POET steering group.
- You can find out more about the work of In Control and see previous Children and Young People’s POET reports on the In Control website or contact them on 01564 821 650.
Contact details for questions about POET in Cambridgeshire
If you have any questions about POET, would like us to send you an easy read version of the questionnaire, wish to feedback about the format of the surveys or want to be involved in considering the findings next year please contact:
Siobhan MacBean on 01223 699 041 or email at [email protected]