Accessibility Options

Independent Support is a Government funded scheme running until March 2018. It will give extra help to young people and parents/carers with the changes being introduced to special educational needs and disability from September 2014. 

Who can use Independent Support?

 Support will be offered to:

  • Children, young people and their families being assessed for an EHC Plan
  • Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs converting to an EHC Plan
  • Young people with an Learning Disability Assessment (LDA) converting to an EHC Plan

Who provides the service in Cambridgeshire?

Independent Support is available from:

  • The Parent Partnership Service providing Cambridgeshire's Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
  • Core Assets who have the contract to deliver independent support from the voluntary sector for Cambridgeshire

SENDIASSCore AssetsPinpoint (the local parent carer forum) and the local authority will work together to ensure Independent Support is available to parents, carers and young people in Cambridgeshire.

Contact us

For more information, contact SENDIASS on 01223 699214 or email [email protected]

For information about Independent Support offered by Core Assets, contact 0800 028 8455 or email [email protected]

Did you find this information useful?

Website Feedback