The Parent Partnership Service providing Cambridgeshire's SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) offers impartial and confidential information, advice and support to parents and carers who have a child or young person with special educational needs (SEN) or a disability or have concerns that their child has special educational needs. They also offer impartial and confidential information, advice and support to young people and children with special educational needs (SEN) or a disability or who have concerns they may have special educational needs.
SENDIASS can help you with
- Confidential support and someone to talk to in confidence
- Advice and information about special educational needs
- Independent Support for children, young people and families as Statements are transferred to EHC Plans
- Preparing for meetings with your child’s school or with professionals who are working with your child
- Information on your rights and responsibilities as a parent, children’s rights and SEN law and guidance
- Information about local support groups and voluntary organisations
Childcare Specialist Information Adviser
If you need help with finding a childcare place for your child, contact the Family and Childcare Information helpline on 0345 045 1360. You may be put in touch with the specialist childcare adviser. The Childcare Specialist Information Adviser helps parents and carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) find childcare. Childcare covers things like nursery places, child minders, preschool and after school clubs as well as holiday clubs. Finding childcare can be more difficult if your child has SEND. The Childcare Specialist Information Adviser will work with you to help you find childcare for your son or daughter.
Videos, policies, reports and information leaflets
Four videos about the SENDIASS service
SEND Tribunal videos
Cambridgeshire SENDIASS, along with other SENDIASS in the Eastern Region, have been working with Suffolk to produce videos for parents providing information and advice about appealing to SEND Tribunal. The first two series are now available.
- Appealing the refusal of a request for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Assessment
- Appeal other Education, Health and Care Plan decisions (not refusal to assess)
Where any reference is made to Suffolk SENDIASS or departments you should refer to Cambridgeshire SENDIASS - contact details are at the bottom of this page.
SENDIASS information leaflets
SEND Information, Advice and Support (SENDIASS)
Cambridgeshire County Council, SH1212, Shire Hall, Cambridge, CB3 0AP
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential helpline open during term times: 01223 699 214
Outside of term time please leave a message as a small number of staff are available to answer queries but it will take time for them to respond to your enquiry.
SENDIASS was previously called Parent Partnership.