Early Support aims to improve the way that services work with parents and carers of disabled children.
Who is Early Support for?
Children 0 - 5 years old with significant and complex additional needs or disability who require on-going specialist support from across education, health and care. This includes children who have great difficulty communicating, have sensory, learning or physical difficulties and/or complex health needs. All will need additional support with many aspects of their daily lives and it is probable that there will be a lifelong impact on their development and learning.
What is Early Support?
A way of working which aims to improve access and delivery of services to children and families by:
- keeping families and children at the centre of decision making and putting their needs first
- providing the framework for professionals to work together and support families right from the start
- having a single point of contact for families and professionals to co-ordinate services and information
- 'Team around the Family' meetings for parents and professionals to plan together and co-ordinate services and support which avoids duplication
- ensuring families have access to the information they need
- identifying with parents, a named lead professional
What is a Lead Professional in Early Support ?
All families can have a lead professional who is a person already known to them. They can support the family by:
- being a first point of contact
- assisting with the planning and co-ordination of services
- ensuring that the families have the information they need
- helping families use local services e.g. Children's Centres, health services, play groups
How do I find out more?
There are three Early Support co-ordinators who support the administration of Early Support and assist Lead Professionals by:
- being the central contact point to co-ordinate all referrals received from practitioners such as health workers, social care or early years setting.
- providing information and Early Support resources
- arranging appointments and supporting the co-ordination of services
- supporting arrangements for multi-agency 'Team Around the Family' meetings; ensuring Family Support Plans are developed, updated and shared
Please contact the Early Support co-ordinator in the area you live for more information, help and support.
Jen Deacon, Cambridge City and South Cambs
Tel: 01223 884 491 Email: [email protected]
Nadine Rider, East Cambs and Fenland
Tel: 01945 488 048 Email: [email protected]
Linda Bedrikovs, Huntingdon
Tel: 01480 418 646 Email: [email protected]
Size: 211.61 KB File format: pdf
Size: 684.94 KB File format: pdf
Size: 350.73 KB File format: pdf
Size: 117.75 KB File format: pdf
Size: 1.02 MB File format: pdf
Size: 288.63 KB File format: pdf