The Integrated Front Door (IFD) is the single point of entry for all notifications regarding safeguarding and request for Early Help services. The Integrated Front Door consists of the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub and the Early Help Hub.
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
MASH is the point of contact for all safeguarding concerns regarding children and young people. It brings together expert professionals called ‘Navigators’ from services that have contact with children, young people and families and makes the best possible use of their combined knowledge to keep children safe from harm.
It does this by:
- Researching information held on professional data bases
- Providing a secure and confidential environment for professionals to share information
- Identifying low level repeat referrals which taken in isolation may not appear concerning
- Prioritising referrals using a BRAG (Blue, Red, Amber, Green,) rating
- Activating ‘child protection social work services which sit alongside MASH to provide immediate protection for a child.
The following teams sit in the MASH.
Early Help Hub
The Early Help Hub is a point of contact where access to targeted early help services in Cambridgeshire is coordinated. The Early Help assessment is used for all early help requests and will result in one of the following within 48 hours of receipt:
- Allocation to District Early Help services
- Support to an existing Lead Professional to review the Early Help plan
- Signpost to service / intervention outside of the County Council
- Advice and Information provided
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01480 376 666 (office hours)