Accessibility Options

Consumer issues can be reported to the County Council via its advice partner the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline. All reports that are sent through are treated in the strictest confidence and you can remain anonymous if you wish.

Please don't hesitate to report any criminal or dishonest trading practices, including:

  • rogue trading
  • sale of dangerous goods
  • car clocking
  • fake goods
  • sale of alcohol and tobacco to under 18's
  • illegal importation of pets
  • livestock welfare issues
  • lorries ignoring weight restrictions
  • mis-described or out of date food

If rogue traders are still at your property please call the police on 999.

Cambridgeshire Police have a protocol for responding to such incidents.

We are not able to respond to everybody that reports an issue to us, but all information we receive is recorded on our systems for analysis and in the cases where we need further information from you, we will contact you.

Report scams and fraud

To report suspected scams or if you know money has been paid to a scam, go to the Action Fraud website for an A-Z list of scams and frauds or call them on 0300 123 2040 for advice. Action Fraud is run by the National Fraud Authority, the government agency that helps to co-ordinate the fight against fraud in the UK.

For further advice on scams contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 03454 04 05 06.  

Report loan sharks

A loan shark is someone who lends money without the appropriate licence, issued by the Office of Fair Trading. Loan sharks rarely, if ever, give any paperwork and if payments are missed they often use intimidation and violence to get money from their 'clients'.

Report any suspicions to the Illegal Money Lending Team in confidence. They can be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by telephone on 0300 555 2222 or by email at [email protected] or by text: loan(space)shark(space) + your message to 60003

Report a seller of illegal tobacco

Report any suspicions of the sale of illegal tobacco to Stop Illegal Tobacco or Citizens Advice Consumer Service (anonymously if you wish) and the information will be passed to the County Council for investigation.

More information can be found on our illegal tobacco page.

Did you find this information useful?

Website Feedback