- Blue Badges
- British Citizenship ceremonies
- Buses and bus passes
- Child and Family Centres
- Council and democratic services
- Customer / reception / postal services and the Contact Centre
- Household Recycling Centres
- Local Offer and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Services
- Parking Services
- Registration Services and Ceremonies
- Schools and childcare settings, including admissions
- Services for older people and those with learning disabilities
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is currently affecting some of the county council services across Cambridgeshire. For more information, please check the individual service updates below.
- Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Archives searchrooms will be closed to the public until further notice. We will be unable to offer our usual enquiry services during this period. We will continue to monitor and respond to emails as far as the available staffing allows.
- Face to face Blue Badge independent mobility assessments have been suspended. Appointments will now take place over the telephone. For more information, please visit our Blue Badge independent assessments page.
British Citizenship ceremonies
- All ceremonies are cancelled until at least the end of April. Customers now have six months to book a British Citizenship ceremony instead of three, following a Home Office invitation. No adverse decisions will be made on applications because of delays caused by Coronavirus.
Buses and bus passes
- Bus operators have informed us that local bus services may have to be either suspended or reduced. Before you travel, please check with the bus operators directly so you have the most up to date information.
- Assistance at libraries for help with free bus pass applications is being suspended until further notice. Please telephone 0345 045 1367 for help with your bus pass application or apply online on our bus pass page.
Child and Family Centres
- All universal groups, events and activities at our Child and Family Centres have been cancelled until further notice. Please visit our Child and Family Centres page for more information.
Council and democratic services
- All Cambridgeshire County Council public meetings week beginning 23 March will be postponed.
- We are planning to launch these virtually as soon as we are able.
Customer / reception / postal services and the Contact Centre
- Please only call our Contact Centre if your enquiry is of an urgent nature. If your enquiry is not urgent, please search our website for the information you need or submit using our online enquiry form.
- If your call is urgent, our customer services phone lines are open between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday. During the Coronavirus pandemic, only Adult Social Care calls will be taken between 9am and 1pm on Saturdays.
- The following customer services telephone lines are closed until further notice to allow staff to concentrate on calls to essential services - Libraries, Park and Ride, Trading Standards (business advice) and Waste Management.
- We have taken the decision to close all Cambridgeshire County Council buildings to the public, including those with reception services.
- There may be a delay in processing the post that the council receives and it reaching the relevant teams. We ask that you email where possible to get a quicker response. Email addresses for teams can be found on our webpages or you can submit your enquiry using our online form.
- In light of the Government guidance about "stay at home", we have taken the decision to close down all road project sites around the county. During these difficult times, we have taken the latest advice, assessed the staffing issues due to COVID-19 and taken into account a number of supply chain partners who have already begun to withdraw.
- We also want to keep our roads open and available for key workers and emergencies, as well as protect the workforce and contractors who are not able to work whilst adhering to the 2m / 6ft distance rule. Therefore, we will make our sites safe and close down.
- This will include the Dutch-style roundabout project at Fendon Road and Queen Edith's Way in Cambridge and the King's Dyke advance work.
- All emergency, safety critical work and essential maintenance will continue and resources will be prioritised for this to be carried out.
Household Recycling Centres
- All nine Household Recycling Centres in Cambridgeshire are closed until further notice. For more information about waste disposal, please visit our Household Recycling Centre page.
- Anyone who would like to attend any inquest hearing during the Coronavirus pandemic must telephone the Coroner's Office on 0345 045 1364 for further information.
- Please note that hearings may change at short notice. Please check our inquests page the evening before a hearing is scheduled, for the most up to date information.
- All library buildings closed on 23 March 2020 until further notice.
- All item due dates have been extended and all overdue fines suspended throughout the closure period.
- The Library Service is working to create an alternative offer. Please see our library opening hours page for more information.
- The Library Presents Spring Programme 2020 has been postponed. This includes all performances and workshops planned until June 2020. For more information, please visit our Library Presents page.
Local Offer and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Services
- For updates and information on service delivery, please visit the Covid-19 Local Offer page.
- The Parking Services desk at Cambridge Central Library is closed until further notice.
- For other ways to apply for or renew a parking permit, please visit our Residents Parking in Cambridge page.
Registration Services and Ceremonies
- Registration Offices are currently ONLY open for pre-booked death appointments and some birth appointments. Do not turn up without an appointment under any circumstances. More information is available on the relevant birth pages and death pages.
- All ceremonies are cancelled until at least the end of April 2020. Please visit our ceremonies section for more information.
Schools and childcare settings, including admissions
- All schools, early years settings and childcare providers are closed until further notice, apart from those supporting key workers' children and vulnerable children. For more information, please visit our school closures page.
- In-year school applications are closing from 18 March 2020 for a minimum period of four weeks. Please visit our in-year admissions page for more information.
Services for older people and those with learning disabilities
- Our day services that support older people and people with learning disabilities closed yesterday until further notice. Alternative home-based care provision has been arranged for clients of the day services who need this, and staff from the service are actively being redeployed elesewhere in the council to support vulnerable people in the community.