Information for specific groups

Gypsy, Roma Travellers

Guidance for people who live on Traveller sites, live on the roadside in vehicles or live on canal boats who have symptoms of coronavirus is available on the Friends, Families and Travellers website.

Migrant Communities

Health advice for migrant workers

The Government has provided health information for migrant workers on their website

The main messages are:

There can be no charge made to an overseas visitor for the diagnosis or treatment of coronavirus (COVID-19).

All overseas visitors, including anyone living in the UK without permission, should be aware that:

  1. No charges apply to testing for COVID-19, even if the result is negative, or to any treatment provided for COVID-19 if the result is positive or up to the point that it is negatively diagnosed. The same is true of most other infectious diseases.
  2. NHS trusts have been advised that no immigration checks are required for overseas visitors that are known to be only undergoing testing or treatment for COVID-19.

Find health information and advice about COVID-19 on the NHS website.

Health advice for non English speaking residents

Doctors of the World, in partnership with the Red Cross, Migrant Help and Clear Voice have provided COVID-19 advice in over 20 languages, including Portuguese, Polish and Urdu and can be found here

Those suffering financial hardship

Universal Credit

People claiming Universal Credit do not need to go to Jobcentre Plus if they are advised to self-isolate. Jobcentre Plus staff are ready to support you if you are required to stay at home. Don’t delay making a benefit claim, even if you think you may be affected by coronavirus.

Managing your money

If you are need help with managing your money, or want to know what your rights are, then the following websites have useful advice:


Find your nearest foodbank here