There are many different jobs within childcare. These are open to both men and women of all ages and from all communities. They include jobs based in:
- day nurseries
- pre-schools and playgroups
- out of school clubs and holiday schemes
- schools (as a teaching assistant)
- your own home (as a childminder) find out more about how to become a childminder and the support we can provide
Alongside your childcare work you can study for childcare qualifications. To find out what level of qualification you need for a specific job in a childcare or playwork setting, you can use the Department for Education's Qualification Finder.
How the Council can help you
Early years and childcare job vacancies
From December 2017, all early years and childcare providers including childminders in Cambridgeshire will be able to advertise job vacancies through our new recruitment website, eycJobs.
Please note the weekly bulletin service has now been discontinued.
For more information on the new recruitment website, or to place an advert, please email [email protected].
Early years introductory courses, profiles and professional development
Visit our Learn together website
Early years Apprenticeship bursary scheme
Local colleges provide information about apprenticeships available in the area:
For more help finding work in childcare
- EycJobs – dedicated local website for early years and childcare vacancies and careers/recruitment advice.
- Cambridgeshire jobs portal - search for local jobs, including jobs in childcare
- Pre-school Learning Alliance (PLA) - information and advice on careers in childcare, training and qualifications
- Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY)
- National Day Nurseries Association - information and advice specifically for those working in day nurseries
- National Careers Service - information and advice on careers (including careers in childcare)