At Cambridgeshire Libraries we have a wide range of books, online resources and related activities, to help children develop that love of reading and learning which is so important to them achieving their full potential at school.
What you will find in our libraries
- From Picture books and First Stories for children learning to read, through to novels for confident readers, libraries have story books for children of all ages
- We also have stories on CD and in a variety of other languages, as well as a wide range of information books
- On our website you will find children’s e-books and e-audio books to download. Take a look at our online offer here.
If you need help finding good children’s books, please ask library staff. You can also look at the websites below for recommended reads, information on favourite children's authors and the latest children's book reviews.
See ‘What’s in your local library for children’, for more details.
Library staff are always happy to help with finding information for homework.
- Children have free use of our library computers.
- They can also access our online reference databases in libraries and at home, where they will find reliable sources of information to help with homework. One of the best of these for children is Encyclopaedia Britannica Junior.
Other useful websites for homework are:
Events and Activities
Each year, thousands of children take part in the annual Summer Reading Challenge, a great way to encourage them to keep reading over the long summer holidays.
We also offer a variety of other activities – from craft activities, to author events and animal encounters. Please take a look at our What’s on brochure or check Cambridgeshire.net to see what’s happening in your local library.