EngAGE is a partnership by Cambridgeshire Libraries and Community and Adult Services to develop new and useful opportunities for people over 50 years old. It offers:
- monthly social and information events at local libraries
- basic computer assistance for beginners provided by our Computer Buddies
- new opportunities to volunteer and support your local library
- meeting places for Knit and Natter knitting groups
- venues for some exercise opportunities
Opportunities for you to EngAGE with your Library
EngAGE has created memory boxes with 10 different themes, which are available across the county. These are frequently used to support Reminiscence sessions at EngAGE in the afternoon/morning events.
These boxes are for loan to community groups and individuals who are using the boxes for non-profit making events.
EngAGE in the afternoon/morning events
These are monthly social and information events held in libraries across the county. Come along to hear an interesting speaker, have a cup of tea, meet new friends and use the library. Everyone is welcome. If you would like to help set up or support a group in your area please contact the EngAGE Project Coordinator on [email protected]
- One-hour free sessions aimed to help and assist people over 50 years with basic/beginner IT/Computer skills
- Led by volunteer tutors
- Flexible to suit individual needs
You can try a number of online Digital Unite guides to help with basic computer skills before booking a free buddying session.
This service is currently available at the following libraries: