Welcome to the home of the 13th 'Read it Again!' award.
Read it Again! is the name of the Cambridgeshire Libraries’ children's picture book award.
How it works
- It is a unique award for a first-time picture book where the words and pictures are the work of one individual.
- Thousands of Cambridgeshire children in local schools and libraries read, discuss and then vote for their favourite book from a shortlist of six titles, all by first-time author/illustrators.
- The award encourages children to discuss books and think about what makes a good book.
- Library staff visit schools promoting the award to children.
2018 Read it Again! Shortlist
A small pig lives in a large house with a boy who tells him how to dress and what to do. One day, however, he meets a wild pig who introduces him to life 'beyond the fence'. Quirky and charming, this debut book contains important messages about individuality and making your own choices.
Pat the bat decides to be special - a SUPERBAT! But all his bat friends have amazing hearing. All of them can fly. And all bats can find their way in the dark. Pat is starting to think that he will never stand out - until a family of mice see him for what he really is - a HERO!
What's bigger than a digger? Bigger than a dinosaur? Diggersaurs are bigger - see them build and hear them roar! The Diggersaurs are busy building something - what could it be? Children will fall in love with these huge, colourful, lovable beasts as the simple story unfolds.
Henry isn't happy when an uninvited guest suddenly interrupts his tea break. And he is less than thrilled when the little creature decides to stay - along with its annoying habit.
Wolfie was no ordinary wolf. He was a wolf with a difference. He had a special, super secret that nobody knew - Wolfie is supposed to be a big bad wolf. Unfortunately though, he's not very good at it. Instead of gobbling up little pigs, Wolfie would much rather be wolfing down - cakes! Yes, it's true - this big, burly wolf is a star baker in the making. But can he keep his secret from those pesky little pigs?
A dragon with a short temper is not a good combination, as Fergal's family and friends soon find out. He burns the dinner (literally), reduces the football goal to ashes and absolutely cannot play a nice, quiet board game. It is only when he starts to notice other animals have clever tricks to calm down that Fergal begins to win back his friends, especially when he discovers dragons can cool off in a very handy way.
Previous years' winners:
- 2017 – ‘Lazy Dave’ by Jarvis
- 2016 - 'Super Happy Magic Forest' by Matty Long
- 2015 ‘Hug Me!’ by Simona Ciraolo
- 2014 - 'Weasels' by Elys Dolan
- 2013 - 'Red Cat, Blue Cat' by Jenni Desmond
- 2012 - 'No' by Marta Altes
- 2011 - 'Bit Lost' by Chris Haughton
- 2010 - 'Dear Miss' by Amy Husband
- 2009 - 'Evil Weasel' by Hannah Shaw
- 2008 - 'Max and the Doglins' by Amanda Montgomery-Higham
- 2007 - 'Our Big Blue Sofa' by Tim Hopgood
- 2006 - 'Wolves' by Emily Gravett