The County Council's Museums Partnership Officer provides professional support and guidance to museums across Cambridgeshire. They work with the museums to help them access funding and training and to support their ongoing development. They also work in close partnership with Museums in Cambridgeshire to improve museum services and provision across the county.
Museums in Cambridgeshire (MiC)
MiC works to support and develop museums in the county. It consists of museum practitioners and officers from the University of Cambridge Museums and the County Council. MiC supports five key aims:
- provide a voice for Cambridgeshire museums and promote the work of the museum sector to stakeholders
- attract and manage resources for the benefit of members
- support the development of museums through the improved standards and workforce development
- increase access and learning for the benefit of the people of Cambridgeshire
- seek strategic ways of developing museums The association is open to all museums in the County who pay an annual subscription of £50
For more information about MiC visit the MiC website.
You can also contact Melanie Worgan, Museums Partnership Officer, email: [email protected]
SHARE Museums East is a regional programme funded by Arts Council England to deliver Museum Development across the East of England.
SHARE training calendar is available for museums in the East of England and makes use of rooms, resources and expertise from participating museums.
This years programme covers a range of subjects, from reminiscence to retail, and includes practical workshops, peer led seminars and regional conferences.
For current opportunities and to book up please go to SHARE training calendar.
If you require more information contact Sally Ackroyd, SHARE Coordinator, Norfolk Museums and Archaeology Service on 01603 638 141 or [email protected].