An annual budget is set for providing disabled parking bays. Successful applicants will be put onto a list and bays will be installed until the budget is spent.
Please note, the annual budget for the provision of disabled bays is fully committed, therefore we are regrettably unable to progress any new applications until April 2019.
Successful applicants also have the option to fund their own bay, at a cost of approximately £1,700.
If you would like to fund your own bay, please contact [email protected]
How to apply
Disabled parking bays can be used only by vehicles displaying a valid blue badge. You can apply for a disabled bay to be installed near your home but you must meet the following criteria in order to be considered.
- you must have no access to a garage, driveway or other off street parking
- you must hold a valid disabled driver’s blue badge
- you must be regularly unable to park conveniently near to your residence, due to heavy on-street parking
- you must either be the driver of the vehicle or the driver must be a resident at your address
- a location for the bay must be found that is acceptable to the police
- your application must receive the support of a local County Council member and your parish council
Please note a disabled parking bay can be used by any blue badge holder and are not reserved for an applicant's sole use
The provision of a bay is subject to a legal process that can take several months to complete. The legal process allows for objections to be made by the public.
This means the Council cannot guarantee that a disabled bay will be installed.