An annual budget is set for providing disabled parking bays. Successful applicants will be put onto a list and bays will be installed until the budget is spent.
Successful applicants also have the option to fund their own bay, at a cost of approximately £1,700.
If you would like to fund your own bay, please contact [email protected]
How to apply
Disabled parking bays can be used only by vehicles displaying a valid blue badge. You can apply for a disabled bay to be installed near your home but you must meet the following criteria in order to be considered.
- you must have no access to a garage, driveway or other off street parking
- you must hold a valid disabled driver’s blue badge
- you must be regularly unable to park conveniently near to your residence, due to heavy on-street parking
- you must either be the driver of the vehicle or the driver must be a resident at your address
- a location for the bay must be found that is acceptable to the police
- your application must receive the support of a local County Council member and your parish council
Please note a disabled parking bay can be used by any blue badge holder and are not reserved for an applicant's sole use
The provision of a bay is subject to a legal process that can take several months to complete. The legal process allows for objections to be made by the public.
This means the Council cannot guarantee that a disabled bay will be installed.