A Blue Badge is a disabled parking permit. It helps people with disabilities or health conditions park closer to their destination. To qualify for a Blue Badge, you must have an enduring and substantial disability. You will need to provide evidence of this.
Please ensure you have read who can apply for a Blue Badge before proceeding.
There is a £10 charge when applying for a Blue Badge payable by credit or debit card. If you are not eligible, you will be refunded.
Please note if you do not send documents requested or complete your application (including booking a mobility assessment if required) within four weeks, your application will be cancelled and any payments made will not be refunded. Furthermore, if you cancel your application, payments will not be refunded.
This application process is for both first time applications and customers who have an existing Blue Badge. If your Blue Badge is due to expire and you cannot find the details when you select 'renew', please complete a new application.
For visible (physical) conditions it can take up to four weeks to issue a badge. For non-visible (hidden) conditions it can take up to eight weeks to issue a badge. If you contact us before then, we will be unable to provide any further information. We can only fast track applications where the applicant is terminally ill.
Non-visible conditions applications
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in contact within five working days to supply you with additional forms. This will consist of:
- An additional information form (BBNV1) for you to detail your conditions and how it causes you to severely struggle with journeys between a vehicle and a destination.
- A form (BBNV2) for a health, social or educational professional, for example a teaching assistant or carer, to complete on your behalf to evidence how you meet the above criteria.
- You can also provide us with additional recent professional evidence which evidences your conditions and how you meet the eligibility criteria.
Once we have received your application and the correct documentation, it can take up to eight weeks to issue a Blue Badge under the non-visible (hidden) disability criteria. If you contact us before then, we will be unable to provide any further information.
Getting help with your application
If you have any problems using the online form, ask a family member or friend to assist you with your application. Alternatively please call 0345 045 5204 to speak to the Blue Badge Team for help over the phone. You can also receive free help at your local library where computers, printers and scanners are available for use. Please be aware that library staff are unable to send emails on your behalf. For those customers who need a member of library staff or a volunteer to help them with the online process, pre-booked appointments may be necessary.
- Cambridge Central Library - help is generally available on a drop in basis.
- Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots, Ely, March, Wisbech and Clay Farm libraries - offer pre-booked appointments and may also be able to assist you without a booking on a drop in basis.
- All other libraries are single staffed and will assist where possible, but may need to suggest alternatives such as an appointment with a volunteer.
You can make an appointment with your local library by calling 0345 045 5225.
Applications will only save after payment has been made. When attending the library please ensure you are able to make the £10 payment online. Library staff cannot access saved applications.